Buddhism is one of the oldest and a major religion in the world, which is comes to light in India between 3rd century BC to 9th century AD and spread by the disciples of the Lord Buddha. There are many major Buddhist pilgrimages in India such as Bodhgaya, Kushinagar, Sarnath, Rajgir, Kaushambi, Saravasti, Vaishali, Nalanda and Dharamshala but Dharamshala has an especial place in these Buddhist pilgrimages destinations because of Dalai Lama presence.
Dharamshala is situated in Kangra District of the state of Himachal Pradesh and considered as the Scotland of India. Dharamshala has lots of beautiful and attractive views of the Dhauladhar rage of Himalayas and it is great place to enjoy every types of holiday whether it will be family tour, honeymoon holiday or adventure tours. As we know Dharamshala is the home of great Buddhist Saint Mr. Dalai Lama and many other Saints that provide utmost peace of mind and relief of body while you are there. Our fully customized Itineraries for Dharamshala Buddhist Tour covers almost all the important Buddhist sites of the city.
Major Buddhist Sites in Dharamshala
- McLeodganj: This is the residence of Dalai Lama with large Tibetan population including many monks and nuns. McLeodganj also known as the “Little Lhasa” and very popular among the trekkers because of the Triund Trek. McLeodganj is the best place to take courses in Buddhism, Meditation and Yoga and it is also a perfect blend of Tibetan and British influence.
- Namgyal Monastery: This is small, clean, serene Buddhism monastery and best place to understand Buddhism religion. It has excellent location and culture inside the complex and you can meditate here and that will surely give inner self Devine.
- Tsuglagkhang: This is a very beautiful temple of Lord Buddha located in the Dalai Lama Complex. This is very peaceful place and if you need peace, just sit down here and forget everything. Lots of Monks live here.
- Namgyalma Stupa: A must visit monastery in Dharamshala located at the city center. It is a prime place in mcleodganj and view from the higher floors of this place is excellent. Very neat clean and amazing peaceful place which is set in the background of the mountain ranges.
- Tushita Retreat Centre: This is a silent meditation center and a very good place with a good vibe for anyone who is seeking some peace and relief in life. It stays closed in December and January, so please don’t visit it between this periods.
You are welcome to Dharamshala Tourism; a pioneer tour operator in Delhi which was established in the year 2010 with main motto to provide top level travel arrangements and hospitality for every types of Dharamshala tours either it will be group holiday or individual holiday. If you will search online for Dharamshala Buddhist packages then you will found that we are premier web portal which provide resort booking, hotel booking for Buddhist Pilgrimage, Monasteries tours in Dharamshala. We also provide Dharamshala temple tour along with Museum and Churches tours.